Help With Controlling and Dominant Spouses
No one wants to be treated as a child…especially by the person that is supposed to be our partner…our equal…our mate.
We don’t appreciate being told what to think, how to act, what to feel, or what to believe. Each of us craves being accepted and appreciated for who we are…as we are. When we were children, we understood the need for an authority figure to guide us, teach us, and, sometimes, to command us. But we aren’t children and we don’t want our husbands or wives telling us what we must do, think, say, or feel to keep from being chastised or punished…or abandoned.
I want…and deserve…a partner with whom I can have union based on love, NOT a relationship based on making him or her happy by yielding to nearly every way s/he thinks things should be done.
In our work with marriages, we found that one of the most common reasons for major marital discord is a spouse who feels controlled, disrespected, or dominated by the other. Interestingly, often the dominating spouse doesn’t believe s/he is being controlling.
In this program, Dr. Joe Beam and Kimberly Holmes, CEO of Marriage Helper, explain why people control others and how they do it. More importantly, they explain how a person being controlled can put an end to that WITHOUT putting an end to the marriage. It won’t stop on its own, but it can be stopped when the controlled spouse knows what to do.
During the program Dr. Beam and Ms. Holmes offer free access to this free eBook about control. You may receive that free eBook whether you listen to the program or not by going to this link. Your.MarriageHelper.com/Control
21 Irresistible Recipes for Couples is exactly what you’re looking for, if …
* You and your spouse have a great marriage but desire to grow even closer;
* You and your spouse are struggling and need help recapturing the “magic”;
* You have never been married and want to know the key success factors for a “forever” relationship;
* You have been married and want to better understand where things went wrong so you can prepare for a new future with love and commit;
* You have a friend or family member who has a struggling marriage and you want to offer them a fast-paced, easy-to-read book with marriage helps.
Follow Us For Updates: