Should I Drag Out My Divorce To Save My Marriage?
Because those states of being “madly in love” (also known as limerence) have a shelf-life. That euphoria doesn’t last a lifetime. By slowing down the divorce you may be able to rescue your marriage because the limerence wears off before the divorce is final.
Now Dr. Beam is modifying that statement. He still believes that limerence will erode and that there can be value in slowing the divorce. However, in an effort to slow the divorce, some have done things that provoke their abandoning spouses in ways that aren’t beneficial.
Yes, Dr. Beam strongly believes that in a divorce you should get an attorney and fight for everything that you need, even if that thwarts your spouse’s plans. If your spouse becomes angry, say something such as “I’m not the one wanting this divorce. I’m happy to work on the marriage if you are. In the meantime, I will follow my attorney’s advice and take care of myself and my children. I’m sorry if that upsets you or doesn’t give you everything you want, but I must do what I must do if you continue with the divorce.”
There is value in your spouse having to face the consequences of his/her behavior.
However, being unreasonable, mean, or vindictive works against you rather than for you. It antagonizes your spouse without any correlating benefit to your mate or you.
So where is the balance?
In this program, Dr. Joe Beam and special guest Jim Pourteau talk about protecting yourself during a divorce while not being unfair or unreasonable in ways that only bring about negative consequences.
21 Irresistible Recipes for Couples is exactly what you’re looking for, if …
* You and your spouse have a great marriage but desire to grow even closer;
* You and your spouse are struggling and need help recapturing the “magic”;
* You have never been married and want to know the key success factors for a “forever” relationship;
* You have been married and want to better understand where things went wrong so you can prepare for a new future with love and commit;
* You have a friend or family member who has a struggling marriage and you want to offer them a fast-paced, easy-to-read book with marriage helps.
Follow Us For Updates: